Tuesday, March 16, 2010

This Blog

is a tribute to my late father, a man whom I wholly admired and loved, and was taken just a little too soon. That being said, while rifling through his personals, I came across a journal that he kept for 3 years from 1975-1978 proving that while he was my father, scout-master, pine-wood derby builder, knower-of-all-things-fun-to-do on a rainy Saturday afternoon, and dedicated parent, he was also a cocky 25 year-old, newly wed, broke hippy artist and musician!

All I can say is that it's profound to see him, and my mother for that matter, in such alien circumstance. I am writing this blog as I read so I can be just as surprised as anyone who reads this at the insights into his brain, most of which I could not have fathomed before. Granted, prior knowledge of Brooke Stauffer is useful for understanding some of the more incredible revelations that I gain while reading, but I hope it's entertaining regardless. So enjoy, laugh, wonder, and understand why everyone who ever met him looked up to him, respected his intelligence, and thought him just a little odd.



Greg Stauffer

No comments:

Post a Comment