Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Holy Saturday!

29 March '75
I feel that someday I will look back on this week as a watershed time in my thought and life as I do on that week in November long ago (more of that later) when I stopped worrying. It has been an unremarkable week of personal triumph in small ways that add up to more than the sum of the parts: I distributed my cartoons, I did a cover illustration for a concert program (Gerle Cafe) with which I am most happy, my office logo presentation is turning out very well. Perhaps more important, I have finally written out the piano bass line of my 2 year old Procol Harum-like song provisionally entitled "Festival." It was easy, and seeing the concrete notes on paper brings it to life for me as never before. For a year, the notion of doing a demo record of several of my songs has shrunk into itself within me, one of those things that was "in the future" as I painted on. For that matter, so was cartooning something "in the future."
But today, this week, I have an ongoing painting show, a good design project, good cartoons and illustrations turned out, and I am a giant step further toward realizing, with Sharon's help, my music. In a quiet way, it is the best I've felt in a long while.
On the way to church tonight to hear Sharon sing (I am told it is Holy Saturday) we heard on the radio a song by John Lodge and Justin Hayward, my two favorite members of The Moody Blues, who have cut an album on their own. I take it as a good omen for rebirth and a new life.

These things sneak up on one.

No comments:

Post a Comment